Generic Retin A Uses, Dosages and Possible Side Effects
Generic retin A is a topical liniment for the elimination of acne or pimples. Being vitamin A derivative, it is quite useful in treating skin beauty issues. This medication works by increasing the turnover of cells. Because of that, acne affected cells get replaced by the new cells. This is how treatment and prevention of acne is possible. Most teenagers and adults have been suffered from acne issue and the embarrassment it comes with. Treating this skin ailment with acne removing ointment is pretty effective and impressive too.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved generic retin A in 1971. Thus it is safe and sound to use in all age groups dealing with pimples. It brings some side effects in the users such as burning or itchy sensation. This cream also makes your dermis extremely sensitive to the sun and hence proper sun protection is a must. Consult your doctor before using this drug.
Action Mechanism of Generic Retin A (Tretinoin)
Mode of action is the property of a drug that makes it capable of working on the health issue. Generic retin A also possess a specific mode of action that helps in abating acne issue from the root. Using this medicated lotion is moderate amount helps in clearing off pimples and also reduces other skin issues such as wrinkles and de-pigmentation. It is a vitamin A derivative which supports a healthy and glowing skin.
The active chemical in generic retin A is tretinoin. It is a vitamin A derivative and hence proved as effective in the treatment of acne and other skin related issues. This chemical reaches inside the skin and augments the rate new cells production. These cells also dies early and results in increased turnover of the cell. This is how it reduces the layer of cells in the dermis. Because of the rapid turnover of cells, acne gets replaces by the newly formed cells. This is how formation of new acne is prevented by this lotion.
Generic retin A is quite effective in treating pimples and preventing their formation too. When used in moderate quantity it gives best results. Make sure that you are utilizing the cream under medical supervision.
Precautionary Measures of Generic Retin A
- You must consult with your doctor before using generic retin A liniment for acne. Do not use this product without getting a green signal from your health care provider.
- Allergic reactions are possible with the chemical content of this medicine. Discontinue using it if you develop any such symptoms.
- This medication tends to make your skin more sensitive to the sunlight. Hence make sure that you are using proper sun care while going out in the sun.
- This ointment is made for topical use only. Thus if it gets into the eyes, nose or mouth, get urgent medical help.
- Do not apply generic retin A cream over wet or wounded skin as it will increase the irritation causes lot of discomfort.
- This medicine is not safe for pregnant ladies. If they wish to use it then it is mandatory to discuss the possible pros and cons of the drug.
- It is unclear whether this drug gets secreted in the breast milk. Therefore you must have word with your health care provider before using generic retin A.
- Do not apply this liniment over the broken, chapped or cracked skin as it causes extreme burning sensation.
Dosage of Generic Retin A 0.1%
Wash the affected area with soap and water. Pat it dry and apply some generic retin A cream on the affected skin part. Do not use more than prescribed amount of liniment as it won’t speed up the treatment but causes more side issues. You must wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying the ointment. Do not put on the drug on the wet dermis as it causes irritation. Post application of the medicine. Do not wash the area. Keep it as such at least for an hour. It’s better to use generic retin A in the evening as sunlight decomposes the medicine reducing its effectiveness. Do not step out in the sun post application of the ointment.
Common Side Effects of Generic Retin A
Side effects are the signs saying that your body is getting familiar with the medicine. Generic retin A is a topical acne lotion which is not an exceptional case when it comes to occurrence of side issues. This drug delivers mild and severe side issues under different circumstances. The former disappears within couple of days whether the later ones may take several days and even medical help. In most of the cases, excessive usage makes side effects become serious in nature.
The most common side issues associated with generic retin A are burning sensation, itchiness, dry skin, irritation, reddening of the skin, discoloration, stinging etc. These are gentle aftermaths and do not stay for longer time span. Generally no medical treatment is needed to discard them.
There are cases which states that severe side issues are also developed by generic retin A acne drug. Swelling of face, lips, tongue or mouth, trouble breathing and hives are serious aftermaths of the medication. This medicine tend to cause dry skin land makes it sensitive to the sun. Thinning of dermis also happens and thus one should avoid beauty processes such as waxing or threading. If you wish to get the beauty treatment done, then stop using generic retin A first.
Warnings of Generic Retin A 0.1%
- Generic retin A if may cause allergic reactions in the user. It is mainly because of the chemical part of the drug. If you notice any allergic symptoms then consult with your medical practitioner.
- Skin becomes hyper sensitive to the sunlight while being treated with this acne liniment. Thus it is advisable to use proper sun protection throughout the treatment.
- Do not use this cream on broken or wounded skin. Applying it on cracked epidermis augments irritation and discomfort.
- Use this lotion only on the affected skin area. Make sure it shouldn’t get inside your eyes, nose or mouth. If it happens by any chance, seek medical help on urgent basis.
- Generic retin A cream must be used under strict medical supervision to avoid any unpleasant events.
- Do not use this topical acne ointment if you had eczema in the past. This ointment may worsen the situation causing harmful effects.